Model 40/40L4 (& L4B, with Built-in-test option) provides a combination of UV and IR sensors, where the IR sensor operates at a wavelength of 4.5 µm, and can detect hydrocarbon-based fuel and gas fires.
The UV/IR flame detector senses radiant energy in the short wave section of both the ultraviolet and infrared portions of the electromagnetic spectrum. The signals from both sensors are analyzed for frequency, intensity and duration. Simultaneous detection of radiant energy in both the UV and IR sensors triggers an alarm signal.
The UV sensor incorporates a special logic circuit that helps prevent false alarms caused by solar radiation.
Due to increased reliability, the 40/40 Series warranty period has been extended to 5 years and is SIL2 (TUV) approved to IEC 61508.
- UV/IR Dual-Sensor
- Solar Blind
- Automatic and Manual Built-In-Test (BIT) and Manual- to assure continued reliable operation (in 40/40L4B only)
- Heated Window - for operation in harsh weather conditions (snow, ice, condensation)
- Multiple Output Options for maximum flexibility and compatibility
- Relays (3) for Alarm, Fault and Auxiliary
- 0-20mA (stepped)
- HART Protocol for maintenance and asset management
- RS-485, Modbus Compatible
- High Reliability - MTBF - minimum 150,000 hours
- Approved to Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL2 - TUV) - Model 40/40L4B only
- 5-Year Warranty
- User Programmable via HART or RS-485
- Hazardous area zones:
- Zones 1 & 2 with IIC gas group vapors present
- Zones 21 & 22 with IIIC dust type present
- Ex approved to:
- ATEX & IECEx
- TR CU (EAC)
- 3rd party Performance Approved
- EN54-10 (VdS)
- Marine Approval
- MED "Wheelmark" approval (DNV)